You may view the 5 minute update this week via audio:
In this week’s 5 minute update, we focused on:
1) The current status of the Israel / PLO peace process
The PLO decided to submit their bid for recognition of a PLO state based upon 1967 borders with East Jerusalem as its capital to the UN Security Council. It may take weeks or even months for their to be a vote on the issue. The Quartet (US, EU, UN and Russia) responded by making a proposal for direct talks between Israel and the PLO with a goal for the completion of a peace agreement to establish a PLO state by December, 2012. The plan calls for there to be a preliminary meeting in 1 month and for the PLO and Israel to submit a plan for borders and security in 3 months. The details regarding borders and security would be worked out in 6 months. In his speech to the UN, Mahmood Abbas blamed Israeli settlements for being the main obstacle to peace. The PLO repeated that they will not recognize Israel as a Jewish state. The PLO also stated that they will not negotiate with Israel until it agrees to a freeze in building in East Jerusalem. In his speech to the UN, Benjamin Netanyahu expressed the desire of Israel to have peace with the PLO but that Israel needed security guarantees in exchange.
An agreement to divide Jerusalem and establish a PLO state is a tribulation event.
The link to these articles are as follows:
1) PA official: U.S. Mideast peace offer convinced Palestinians to seek statehood at UN
2) Ban receives Palestinian application for UN membership
3) Palestinian application starts way through ‘UN machinery’
4) Report: UN vote on Palestinian statehood might be delayed for weeks
5) Abbas rejects Netanyahu compromises ahead of Palestinian statehood bid
6) Middle East Quartet Statement on Palestinian Application for U.N. Membership
7) Quartet launches new peace initiative to end by 2012
8.) Palestinian and Israeli leaders cross swords as ME Quartet bids for new talks
9) Netanyahu: Peace can’t be forged through UN resolutions
10) Full transcript of Netanyahu speech at UN General Assembly
11) Malki: Talks can’t resume until Israel accepts PA’s terms
12) Full transcript of Abbas speech at UN General Assembly
From a Biblical prophetic perspective, the reason why the God of Israel would allow these events to happen is because it will result in the end of the exile of the house of Jacob and the reunification of the 12 tribes of Israel (Ephraim and Judah).
We will to be “watchmen on the walls of Jerusalem” and we will not rest until the God of Israel makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth (Isaiah 62).
Shalom in Yeshua the Messiah,
Hebraic Heritage Ministries Int’l