You may view the 5 minute update this week via audio:
1) Listen to the audio
In this week’s 5 minute update, we focused on:
1) The current status of the Israel / PLO peace process
The PLO application for the UN to recognize a PLO state based upon 1967 borders with East Jerusalem as it capital it now in a UN Security Council committee. It could stay in committee for weeks or even months. In order for a vote on PLO statehood to be made, it needs 9 ‘yes’ votes from the 15 members of the UN Security Council. Presently, the PLO says that they have 8 ‘yes’ votes. They are Russian, China, India, South Africa, Brazil, Lebanon, Nigeria and Gabon. The PLO are trying to persuade Colombia or Bosnia to vote ‘yes’ and thus be the 9th vote. Abbas is visiting Colombia on October 11.
The PLO has repeated that they will not accept a Quartet proposal to have direct negotiations with Israel as long as Israel continues to build in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. Israel decided to approve 1,100 new homes in the Jewish neighborhood of Gilo in East Jerusalem. The UN, US and EU condemned the new construction. The PLO doesn’t like Tony Blair as the Quartet representative in the peace talks and believes that he favors Israel. They would like to see him removed from his position. A Fatah official says that the true intent of the PLO is to get rid of the state of Israel and that a PLO state on 1967 borders is the beginning of the goal.
Israel accepted the Quartet offer to have direct negotiations with the PLO with reservations about certain aspects of the Quartet’s framework for talks. Israel said that they would bring up the reservations on certain issues in the negotiations. US secretary of State Hillary Clinton called upon the world to ‘pressure’ Israel and the PLO to agree to direct negotiations. The Israeli Knesset intends to vote on a plan by Deputy Speaker Danny Danon in the end of October to annex the entire West Bank. Former National Security Adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski of the Carter administration has come to the conclusion that Israel and the PLO will never make an agreement with each other on their own. He suggests that the US should submit a UN resolution proposal that recognizes Israel as a Jewish state while endorsing a PLO state based upon 1967 borders with East Jerusalem as its capital. Then, direct negotiations should be based upon this plan.
It seems that the Middle East may be preparing for war. President Obama approved Israel receiving special bunker-busting bombs that could be used against the nuclear ambitions of Iran. Syrian President Bashar Assad warned western countries that if NATO attacks Syria that Syria will coordinate with Hezbollah and Hamas to launch missiles at Tel Aviv while Iran would attack US warships in the Persian Gulf at the same time. The destruction of Damascus is prophesied in Isaiah 17 and is a tribulation event. US war with Iran is found in Isaiah 13 and Jeremiah 51 and is also a tribulation event.
An agreement to divide Jerusalem and establish a PLO state is a tribulation event.
The link to these articles are as follows:
1) Palestinian statehood bid kicked into committee by UN security council
2) Palestinian FM: Eight UN Security Council members support statehood bid
3) Abbas to visit Colombia to seek support on UN bid
4) Israel accepts Quartet peace plan, urges Palestinians to follow suit
5) Palestinians: no talks without settlement freeze
6) Palestinians reject talks without settlement freeze
7) Fatah Official: Shhh! 1949 Lines would be Israel’s Doom
8.) Palestinians said to want Blair out
9) Clinton calls on world to ‘pressure’ Israelis, Palestinians
10) Brzezinski Says Peace Impasse Menaces Israel, U.S. (Transcript)
11) ISRAEL: 1,100 new housing units in East Jerusalem win approval
12) US, EU condemn Israel settlement plan
13) Knesset to vote on annexing West Bank
14) U.S. Quietly Supplies Israel With Bunker-Busting Bombs
15) Obama’s bomb deal with Israel raises the spectre of war
16) Iran Could Deploy Navy Near US Coast, Says Iranian Official
17) Rice says US ‘outraged’ after veto of Syria UN resolution
18) ‘If NATO attacks Syria, we’ll fire missiles at Tel Aviv’
19) Turkey to hold military exercise on Syrian border. Assad threatens to destroy Tel Aviv if attacked
From a Biblical prophetic perspective, the reason why the God of Israel would allow these events to happen is because it will result in the end of the exile of the house of Jacob and the reunification of the 12 tribes of Israel (Ephraim and Judah).
We will to be “watchmen on the walls of Jerusalem” and we will not rest until the God of Israel makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth (Isaiah 62).
Shalom in Yeshua the Messiah,
Hebraic Heritage Ministries Int’l