You may view the 5 minute update this week via audio:
In this week’s 5 minute update, we focused on:
1) The current status of the Israel / PLO peace process
2) The prospects for war with Syria and Iran
3) The US and European Debt Situation
There are not any signs to indicate that Israel and the PLO will have direct peace talks in the near future. Because the PLO application at the UN to be recognized as a UN member state was rejected by the UN Security Council, the PLO are making their decision on how they are going to proceed from here. In several weeks, they may submit a request for the UN General Assembly to recognize them as a non-member state. Upon approval, they would then have a status in the UN similar to the Catholic church. In an attempt for greater recognition at the UN, the PLO factions of Fatah and Hamas have decided to seek to implement their unity agreement with they made between themselves earlier in the year. The US, Europe and Jordan attempted to persuade Fatah not to go forward with their unity agreement with Hamas. They were unsuccessful. Europe offered the PLO recognition of a PLO state at the end of 2012 if they would agree to direct negotiations with Israel without precondition and then peace talks fail. The PLO did not accept the proposal. In response the the Fatah-Hamas unity deal, Israel decided to withhold tax money to the PLO. This tax which amounts to about $100 millions dollars a month was established as part of the Oslo agreement in 1993. The US and the UN is lobbying Israel to release the funds. So far, they have been unsuccessful.
An agreement to divide Jerusalem and establish a PLO state is a tribulation event.
The link to these articles are as follows:
1) Abbas: No signs of resumption of peace talks in near future
2) Palestinian Authority to push for UN non-member state status ‘within weeks’
3) Palestinian president to seek unity government deal with Hamas
4) Reconciliation with Hamas is Abbas’ top priority
5) ’Next Palestinian gov’t HQ will be in Gaza’
6) Cairo: Abbas, Mashaal ‘turn new page’ on Palestinian unity
7) Jordan’s Abdullah discussed Syria, Hamas, Israel-Palestinian issue in Ramallah
8) Abdullah meets with Abbas over Fatah-Hamas talks
9) Jordan calls for resumption of Mideast peace talks
10) Report: King Abdullah presents Abbas with EU initiative
11) Israel to continue freeze on Palestinian tax money, says senior official
12) ‘Israeli withholding of tax funds incapacitating PA’
13) Hamas: Israeli threats won’t push us from reconciliation
14) Clinton presses Netanyahu to release frozen Palestinian tax funds
15) Ban calls on PM to hand over Palestinian money
The Syrian government of Bashar Assad is unstable. The US, Europe and the Arab League is seeking to impose sanctions upon Syria for suppressing anti-government protests. Russia is opposed to Western intervention. As a result of Syrian unrest and the prospects for Iran building a nuclear weapon in the next 6 months, the US, NATO, Russia and Israel are preparing for a regional war in the Middle East. US and Russian aircraft carriers are stationed off the Syrian coast. Turkey said that it would not interfere with Syrian internal affairs. Because of the recent report of the International Atomic Energy Agencies report that Iran is seeking to acquire nuclear weapons, the US is imposing greater sanctions upon Iran which does not include Iran’s central bank. Russia is opposed to these sanctions. In trying to prevent Iran to acquire nuclear weapons, Israel is working with some of her Arab neighbors. In order to try to prevent greater sanctions from the international community because of Iran’s attempts to build nuclear weapons, Iran is considering making an announcement that they have already developed nuclear capability. Israel has decided that it only has 6 months at the latest to launch a military strike against Iran to do damage to their nuclear program.
A US war with Iran is a tribulation event.
The link to this article is as follows:
1) Nuke carrier leads US strike force into Syrian waters
2) Turkey says unrest is Syria’s internal affair, won’t allow any intervention
3) Report: Russia Sent Syria Super-Advanced S-300 Missiles
4) Russian warships off Syria, US carriers near Iran
5) Sources: U.S. To Slap New Sanctions On Iran, But Not On Central Bank
6) Moscow, Tehran say new US sanctions on Iran unacceptable
7) PM mentions ‘newfound’ ties with Arab countries
8) Khamenei Is Set to Declare Iran a Nuclear Power
9) A Six-Month Time Frame for an Israeli Strike on Iran’s Nuclear Sites
The US super committee which was established this summer as part of an agreement to raise the US Federal debt limit was given the job to recommend $1.2 Trillion dollars in debt reduction over a 10 year period. Their deadline was November 23. They failed to agree. As a result, there will be automatic cuts which will go into effect beginning in 2013. In order to help calm the European debt crisis, France and Germany has proposed that the EU treaty be amended to give greater financial control over sovereign nations to EU institutions as well as creating a political union of EU states. This is a proposal to transform the EU into a economic and political union with a common currency which was the vision of its founders. The details of this proposal is expected to be known in December. If the idea is to be accepted, it would have to be approved by each member state of the EU. It would erode national sovereignty.
Worldwide economic collapse resulting in a one-world currency is a tribulation event.
The link to these articles are as follows:
1) U.S. debt panel fails; no deal on $1.2 trillion in deficit cuts
2) German memo shows secret slide towards a super-state
3) Germans try to kill off Pound
4) France and Germany to propose changing EU treaties
From a Biblical prophetic perspective, the reason why the God of Israel would allow these events to happen is because it will result in the end of the exile of the house of Jacob and the reunification of the 12 tribes of Israel (Ephraim and Judah).
We will to be “watchmen on the walls of Jerusalem” and we will not rest until the God of Israel makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth (Isaiah 62).
Shalom in Yeshua the Messiah,
Hebraic Heritage Ministries Int’l