You may view the 5 minute update this week via audio:
In this week’s 5 minute update, we focused on:
1) The current status of the Israel / PLO peace process
2) The prospects for war with Iran
The UN voted to accept the PLO as a member of UNESCO. In response, the US cut funding to UNESCO. Israel says that the UN acceptance of the PLO to be a member of UNESCO harms the peace process. Israel’s additional response was to accelerate settlement building and suspend tax payments to the PLO. Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that the PLO wants a state without a negotiated settlement. Meanwhile, the PLO said that they won’t accept less than a full UN seat. UN Security Council members France, Britain and Columbia said that they would obstain in any potential vote for a PLO state. It appears that the PLO only has 8 of the required 9 votes they need in the Security Council for a vote on a PLO state. Bosnia is still undecided. Finally, Israel is making military preparations to invade the Gaza as Hamas continues to send rockets into southern Israel.
An agreement to divide Jerusalem and establish a PLO state is a tribulation event.
The link to these articles are as follows:
1) Palestinians have won entry to UNESCO
2) US cuts UNESCO funding after Palestine vote
3) UNESCO vote harms chances for peace negotiation
4) Israel rushes settlement growth after Unesco accepts Palestinians
5) Palestinians want statehood without peace deal, Netanyahu charges
6) Palestinians won’t accept less than full UN seat: minister
7) Reports: France, UK, Colombia To Abstain From UN Vote On Palestine Membership
8.) Israeli military preparing for Gaza operation
9) Nasrallah: Hizballah can fight Israel without aid from Iran or Syria
The Israeli government says that time is running out to stop the Iran nuclear program. It is reported that Benjamin Netanyahu is trying to convince his cabinet to attact Iran. News of Israel possible plans to attach Iran was leaked to the media by Israel insiders to try to prevent such an attack. DEBKA reports that any attack against Iran will be led by the US and the Israeli military will not attack Iran. Instead, they will defend the land of Israel from a potential attack at the same time from Hamas, Hizballah and Syria. Finally, the UN will release a report this coming week which will indicate that Iran is seeking to build nuclear weapons.
A US war with Iran is a tribulation event.
The link to this article is as follows:
1) Israel warns West: Window of opportunity to thwart Iran nuclear program is closing
2) ‘Chance for Iran diplomacy fading, military option closer’
3) Netanyahu trying to persuade cabinet to support attack on Iran
4) Report: Netanyahu ordered Shin Bet to investigate leaks on Iran attack
5) A military war of nerves against Iran: The US leads, Israel and UK go along
6) UN report to reveal evidence of Iranian nuclear program
From a Biblical prophetic perspective, the reason why the God of Israel would allow these events to happen is because it will result in the end of the exile of the house of Jacob and the reunification of the 12 tribes of Israel (Ephraim and Judah).
We will to be “watchmen on the walls of Jerusalem” and we will not rest until the God of Israel makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth (Isaiah 62).
Shalom in Yeshua the Messiah,
Hebraic Heritage Ministries Int’l