You may view the 5 minute update this week via audio:
In this week’s 5 minute update, we focused on:
1) The current status of the Israel / PLO peace process
2) The prospects for war with Iran
3) The European Debt Crisis
Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says that the PLO have violated the terms of the Oslo accords by seeking a PLO state through the UN rather than by a negotiated agreement with Israel. Netanyahu wants to fight to keep the large settlement blocs under Israeli control in any peace agreement. He said that Israel should not build on outposts which are not part of the large settlement blocs. Netanyahu is being opposed on this policy from members within his own coalition government. Even though the US opposes the efforts of the PLO to have the UN recognize a PLO state without direct negotiations with Israel, the US will still provide foreign aid to the PLO. Obama’s top US Middle East advisor, Dennis Ross, has resigned from this role from frustration of a lack of progress in the Middle East peace process.
An agreement to divide Jerusalem and establish a PLO state is a tribulation event.
The link to these articles are as follows:
1) Netanyahu: ‘PA reneged on central Oslo tenet’
2) PM: Lets fight for the settlement blocs, not the outposts
3) U.S. renews financial aid to Palestinians after UN statehood row
4) Obama’s Mideast adviser steps down amid stalled peace talks
The International Atomic Energy Agency has issued a report that Iran is within months of building a nuclear bomb. The US, France and Britain would like to impose stricter sanctions on Iran for seeking to build a nuclear bomb. Russia and China are opposed to greater sanctions. Defense Minister Ehud Barak of Israel says that he believes that the international community does not have the desire to go to war to prevent Iran from building a nuclear bomb. Reports out of Britain indicate that Israel may be willing to go to war with Iran by the end of 2011. If they do, the US and Britain would provide logistical air support. If Israel attacks Iran, Hizbullah says that they will launch missiles upon Tel Aviv. If this happens then Hamas, Lebanon and Syria would join the war also.
A US war with Iran is a tribulation event.
The link to this article is as follows:
1) Iran will be able to build nuclear bomb within months, IAEA says
2) IAEA confirms Iran worked on building nuclear bomb
3) IAEA report: Iran has been working toward nuclear bomb since 2003
4) Iran vows to pursue nuclear program, despite speculation of Israeli plans to attack
5) How the US and Israel let Iran get a nuclear arms capablity
6) Obama flips on new sanctions, leaves Israel, Saudis head to head with Iran
7) Russia: Swift Iran sanctions ‘serious mistake’
8) Russia says won’t back new Iran sanctions over nuclear program
9) France says it supports sanctions, but not strike on Iran
10) France wants UNSC meeting over IAEA report on Iran
11) Barak not optimistic about int’l will to stop Iranian nukes
12) UK expects Israeli attack on Iran next month with US logistical support
13) Hizbullah Discusses Its Operational Plan for War against Israel
Jean-Claude Trichet, president of the European Central Bank, is calling for a Federal Europe. Jose Manuel Barroso , president of the European Commission, is calling for a Federal Europe. German chancellor Angela Merkel is saying that the way to solve the European debt crisis is to have a “new Europe”. French President Nicolas Sarkozy advocated a ‘two-speed Europe’ in which eurozone countries accelerate and deepen integration (meaning a Federal Europe). Greece selected a new prime minister – Lucas Papademos – , who is a former European central banker. Gideon Rachman, of the Financial Times, said: “The euro is … an instrument, aimed at promoting … political harmony across Europe. ” So, the bankers and the politicians are calling for a Federal Europe and Greece has just appointed a former European banker to lead the country. Therefore, it seems that the elite want the outcome of the European debt crisis to be a Federal Europe or a closer integration of the economic and political systems. Jose Manuel Barroso warned that the breakup of the Eurozone (and thus failure to create a Federal Europe) would cause a great depression in Europe. Meanwhile, Britain is preparing for the possible collapse of the Euro.
Worldwide economic collapse resulting in a one-world currency is a tribulation event.
The link to these articles are as follows:
1) A Federal Europe is now ‘Inevitable’
2) EU Chief: The time has come for a Federal Europe
3) Lucas Papademos, Former European Central Bank Official, Named New Greek Prime Minister
4) Germany and France’s secret plan for a ‘new Federal Europe’
5) France plots eurozone ‘breakaway group’
6) Angela Merkel to David Cameron: support us or we leave UK behind
7) Death of the Euro
8) Eurozone collapse ‘will send continent into depression’
From a Biblical prophetic perspective, the reason why the God of Israel would allow these events to happen is because it will result in the end of the exile of the house of Jacob and the reunification of the 12 tribes of Israel (Ephraim and Judah).
We will to be “watchmen on the walls of Jerusalem” and we will not rest until the God of Israel makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth (Isaiah 62).
Shalom in Yeshua the Messiah,
Hebraic Heritage Ministries Int’l