You may view the 5 minute update this week via audio:
In this week’s 5 minute update, we focused on:
1) The current status of the Israel / PLO peace process
2) The prospects for war with Syria and Iran
A committee appointed by Prime Minister Benjamin recommended that Israel legalize a majority of West Bank outposts regarded as illegal by the international community. It further concluded that “Israel does not meet the criteria of ‘military occupation’ as defined under international law” in order for the settlements to be regarded as illegel. The United States responded to the report by saying that “We do not accept the legitimacy of continued Israeli settlement activity and we oppose any effort to legalize outposts.” Historically, Britain, France and the European Union’s foreign policy chief, Catherine Ashton, along with the United Nations and the Palestinians have all stated that the settlement are illegal under international law. Since this is so, what prevents the international community from breaking the stalemate in direct peace negotiations by imposing a solution? In impatience over the current situation, will Obama impose the borders of a PLO state upon Israel after the US elections?
Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu offered to release PLO prisoners held prior to the 1994 Oslo agreement as a gesture to renew direct peace talks with Abbas. Abbas rejected the offer. He urged the US to pressure Israel over the settlements. Abbas continues to insist that he will not have direct peace talks with Israel unless Israel agrees to the following three conditions: Israel halts construction in east Jerusalem and the West Bank, releases Palestinian prisoners and accepts the two-state solution on the basis of the pre-1967 lines.
An agreement to divide Jerusalem and establish a PLO state is a tribulation event.
The link to these articles are as follows:
1) ‘Government must legalize settlements’
2) US objects to law experts opinion legalizing Jewish settlements
3) UK, France, Germany condemn Israeli settlement plans
4) Ashton: Settlements are the key obstacle
5) UN chief: Settlements are illegal, hamper peace efforts
6) Abbas: “We Seek Real, Comprehensive Peace”
7) PLO: Settlements are illegal
8) Minister: Abbas refused Israeli offer of selective prisoner release
9) Abbas urges US to pressure Israel over settlements
Russia and China continue to support policies which enable Syrian President Bashar Assad to remain in power. A Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman rebuked US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s recent criticism of China regarding Syria as “unacceptable.” U.N. peace envoy Kofi Annan suggested that Iran be included in talks regarding the future of Syria. The US condemned the proposal. Around 5,000 global jihadists are positioned near Syria’s borders with Turkey and Lebanon attempting to infiltrate Syria to aid the opposition fighting against Syrian government. Their are reports that Syria may be breaking up into regions, sections or statelets according to Sunni and Shi’ite partitions. Finally, Western military sources gave warning to Turkey, Jordan and Israel that Syria could launch a conventional or chemical missile attack against them.
A war with Syria where Damascus is destroyed (Isaiah 17) is a tribulation event.
The link to these articles is as follows:
1) Clinton’s criticism of China over Syria “unacceptable”
2) Annan says Iran must be player in Syria crisis talks
3) 5,000 global jihadists amass on Syrian border
4) Will Syria Remain a Unified State?
5) Israel advised to brace for Syrian missile attack – conventional or chemical
Nuclear talks between Iran and the P5 + 1 powers (Britain, France, Russia, China, US) and Germany held on July 23 made no progress. A new meeting is scheduled for July 24. Because of lack in progress in talks, the US is concerned that Israel may be willing to strike Iran. As a result, US President Barack Obama has ordered US intelligent agencies to monitor the Israeli government and military on a daily basis for signs that Israel would attack Iran. Because nuclear talks with Iran are not making any progress and concerned with the current situation in Syria, Russia is sending a flotilla of at least 11 warships eastern Mediterranean opposite Syrian shores. The US is sending two more aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf. The first arrives this month and the second arrives in August. In order to keep the Straight of Hormuz open in any possible war with Iran, the US announced that it is sending dozens of tiny, unmanned SeaFox submersibles that can detect and destroy mines seeking to block oil tankers from traveling through the Strait of Hormuz where 20% of the world’s daily oil supply travels on a daily basis.
A US war with Iran is a tribulation event.
The link to these articles is as follows:
1) Report: Obama orders U.S. intelligence to increase surveillance of Israel
2) EU, Iran diplomats to meet for nuclear talks in July
3) NATO, Russian naval-air buildup in E. Mediterranean, French units to Gulf
4) U.S. moving submersibles to Persian Gulf to oppose Iran
5) Two more US carriers, dozens of mini-subs rushed to Hormuz
From a Biblical prophetic perspective, the reason why the God of Israel would allow these events to happen is because it will result in the end of the exile of the house of Jacob and the reunification of the 12 tribes of Israel (Ephraim and Judah).
We will to be “watchmen on the walls of Jerusalem” and we will not rest until the God of Israel makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth (Isaiah 62).
Shalom in Yeshua the Messiah,
Hebraic Heritage Ministries Int’l